The other week I saw this Chocolate Banana Cookie Recipe online and was intrigued by its simplicity and lack of dairy. Bananas, I had those. Almond butter, yup I have that. Cocoa powder? Negative. I didn't see cocoa powder in either of my town's two grocery stores, so I threw it on this month's iHerb order, which arrived on Tuesday. (Note: If you don't have almond butter, you can get that on iHerb too!)
The recipe blog post described these cookies as a bit weird, and to make when that "gotta-have-something-sweet-must-eat-cookie-now kind of craving hits", not something you'd really serve to guests. So I wasn't expecting much, but I made them tonight for the first time and I am so impressed and pleased with the results!
Reasons why these cookies are amazing:
- They are absolutely delicious - perfect for a chocolate craving
- I can bake them in my toaster oven in 15 minutes (I don't have an oven in this apartment, so this is the first baking I've done)
- I can make the "dough" in 2 minutes
- Just three ingredients (Four if you throw in a scoop of peanut butter like I did)
- Gluten free and vegan
- Did I mention they're freaking delicious?
I'm feeling really unmotivated and wiped from the week already tonight, but I'm so thankful I saw and made these cookies. They could be a piece to the puzzle towards resolving my digestion disorder, as most chocolate things contain something I shouldn't eat but I think these are a-okay!
"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."
- John Wooden