We're already a month into the new year—how does everybody feel?
It honestly hasn't felt like the freshest of starts for me. The midwestern sunless winter is taking its toll, I believe, and I've generally felt unmotivated and unproductive these last four weeks. Editing/writing for so many hours each day for work leaves me with little energy left to work on personal projects in the evenings.
I've normally excelled at putting sustained effort towards long-term rewards, but lately I'm just not finding it in me. I'm definitely overestimating what I can do in the short term, which is causing me to doubt what I can do longterm. But I still managed to make a bit of progress towards each of my three 2015 resolutions, so let's take a look at that!
- Labeled some items in my bedroom (in French) with post-its
- Practiced French more days than in December! (But did not track it! Ah!)
- Watched two French movies, "Les choristes" (The Chorus) and "The Intouchables." (Both are recommended, but "The Intouchables" is highly, highly recommended if you've never seen it. I even got my dad to watch the French drama/comedy, and he laughed a ton!)
- Started sending voice chats via Whatsapp to Gregorio, and messaging via Whatsapp/emailing with a Parisian in French.
- Paid for a monthly subscription to FluentU